Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Business Development II
at Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Develop and execute strategic sales plans independently to achieve goals. Drive business growth by identifying opportunities while using a consultative sales approach. Manage all phases of complex and long sales processes, including effective lead qualification, proposal/RFP responses, and closing. Drive market presence and lead activities that increase awareness of the CWT brand. Remove obstacles that are barriers to successful sales.
1. Target potential mid-market clients that can spend high volume in annual airline tickets sales (Corporate) or event planning (Meetings & Events).
2. Identify and qualify prospects; initiate and own the sales relationship with prospective buyers.
3. Develop strong consultative relationships with prospective buyers to discover business objectives and strategic imperatives and identify the CWT core competencies that are a “fit” for our clients and convey our value proposition on a continuum.
4. Drive the overarching value proposition on any opportunity by bridging strategic selling skills with strong ‘story telling' to ensure the proposal ‘comes to life' during the sales cycle; sell the value of other areas not in area of primary responsibility (e.g. Solutions, M&E).
5. Build and manage a rolling pipeline as defined by leadership strategy with opportunities that will close in that calendar year.
6. Apply the principles of Client Centricity across all disciplines, including strategy development, managing through the sales engagement process, and collaborating and aligning with all internal CWT stakeholders in securing new business.
7. Manage the end-to-end process of the deal, including strategy setting, sales presentations, proposal development, contract negotiations (including financial terms and conditions), recommend operational staffing and engage leadership teams to ensure alignment in each opportunity; act as the owner of the account relationship and be available to ensure that client satisfaction is met and CWT's goals are considered.
8. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure successful proposal process, delivery, and execution.
9. Represent CWT at key industry trade shows and functions; if needed, engage marketing to develop content and deliver at speaking opportunities that present our brand message and thought leadership.
10. Maintain records and up-to-date client information on all prospects, target accounts, and new clients through the CRM Tool.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred.
Five years of experience in sales with demonstrated success and proven track record. Two years of successful travel industry sales experience.
License or Certification
Good knowledge of the sales lifecycle. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products and related software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Working knowledge of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools.
Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills to communicate internally and externally. Excellent presentation skills with proven skills in ‘story telling' to create an emotional connection with the audience. Excellent financial and business acumen. Excellent contract negotiation and problem solving skills.
Ability to independently sell and drive results in various industry verticals and in multi-national/multi-cultural environment. Ability to develop value propositions for prospects. Ability to interface with buyers professionally. Ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment. Strong attention to detail. Work well as a team player. Self-motivated. Ability to be creative in developing solutions.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Special Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Typically work in a virtual office environment from a home office. Use a computer and telephone for a significant amount of time. Travel may be necessary on an occasional basis