Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cyber Transport Specialist (CTS)
at Cape Fox
Cape Fox Federal Integrators is accepting applications for a Cyber Transport Specialist to provide full time services to our USAF/ANG. Qualified applicants must currently possess an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
The CTS is a subject matter expert and will serve as a communications technician supporting 24/7
operations of critical real-time USAF/ANG mission operations. The CTS will leverage a solid
understanding of network technologies, protocols, and standards required to integrate and sustain airborne
and terrestrial information transport systems. The CTS shall also focus on sustainment of the network and
telecommunication infrastructure, distribution media, cryptographic equipment and associated devices.
The CTS will employ skills required to identify, recon, and exploit vulnerabilities within a network
environment to achieve desired effects. Support from both SMEs include but is not limited to the
communications and network systems architecture, video distribution and long-haul communications
system, and enhancement support for the RPA-SOC enterprise.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyze, monitor, and test communications systems and equipment configurations.
- Develop configuration changes and modifications to enhance reliability, maintainability, and
- Manage, design, engineer, develop, and implement inter- and intra-network / communications
- systems for customer mission execution.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include preventive maintenance.
- Develop policies and procedures for effective system troubleshooting, repair, and priority restoral to service.
- Interface with local and distant-end agencies for long-haul communication link monitoring,
- repair, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Develop policies and procedures for local and distant-end technicians/customers to implement for
- enterprise-level troubleshooting.
- Apply system analysis techniques and procedures for proactive communications link and network
- problem resolution.
- Develop reports, complete requests for new service, determine methodology for installing
- communications services and equipment, assess requirements for configuration changes or modifications to switches, trunks, links, and circuits and implement developed modifications to
- increase system efficiency, maintainability and operability.
- Modify systems configurations for optimal system performance.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for configuration control and life cycle
- Develop detailed system diagrams, end-to-end drawings, and rack elevations depicting overall
- system flow and interconnectivity.
- Routinely test end-to-end communications architecture, analyzing error rates and/or other
- deficiencies in order to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Install, troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, maintain, and manage telecommunications and networking
- Design, repair and/or fabricate cabling or other communication link medium for system
- Operate a variety of specialized test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, time domain
- reflectometers (TDRs), power meters, frequency counters, network analyzers and RF generators.
- Shift work is required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Sit or Stand throughout a regular work day.
Ability to work on computer for long periods.
Special Job Facts
Ability to work under deadline pressure, handle stress and deliver professional results.
Long hours and weekends may be required to meet deliverables.
- Work Environment: Work area will be free from debris, dust, liquid spillage, and food particles. Maintains all work spaces and
in a clean and organized manner.
- An active TS clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI is required.
- Security+ certification is required.
- CCNA/CCNP or VCP5/VCP6 or MCSA/MCSE certification is required.
- Experience with Networks, Long-haul Communications and/or Systems Administration is
- Advanced knowledge in how critical Full Motion Video (FMV) systems (encoders and hardware)
- generate and deliver data through existing Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Multi-service
- Provider Platform (MSPP), Router, and other Optical Carrier (OC) based networks is desired.
- Five years’ experience administering infrastructure support to mainframe and or client server systems and/or DOD systems is required.
- 5 years’ experience on any one or more of these systems; SAN Storage, Server Blade, SQL,
- SharePoint, C2ISR video data, network performance software, or ATM equipment configuration and ATM network troubleshooting is required.
- Operational aircrew experience is desired.
All employees must adhere to the Cape Fox Corporation Ethics and Compliance policy and
promote a culture that is conducive to Ethical conduct and compliance. Any suspicious activity
or behavior must be reported to a manager, Ethics Officer of Cape Fox Corporation or Ethics