Cantel Medical Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Extrusion Process Engineer
at Cantel Medical Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Cantel Medical
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that’s driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel medical is a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, specializing in the following operating units:
Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. Medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents and other supplies are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes. This segment is operated through MEDIVATORS.
Water purification systems for dialysis facilities, including hemodialysis dialyzer and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products. This segment is operated through Mar Cor Purification, Inc. and MEDIVATORS.
Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market including face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants. This segment is operated through Crosstex International, Inc.
Other responsibilities in support of operational goals include manufacturing process development, integration of the organizations Extrusion Program, Lean Manufacturing initiatives, Six Sigma program and assigned project management/planning.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering discipline (Polymer and/or Plastics/Materials Process Engineering preferred); In lieu of degree, 10 – 15 years in Extrusion experience certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in an Extrusion environment (medical device experience a plus).
- Comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of extrusion processes, machines, robotics and auxiliary equipment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of extrusion machine technology and capabilities.
- Experience with supporting manufacturing automation projects and leading the integration efforts a plus
- Lean Manufacturing/Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- Will lead and support the department’s process creation and validation efforts
- Troubleshoot extrusion and manufacturing processes to mitigate production defects
- Familiar with a wide range of commodity and engineering grade resins
- Experienced technical trainer in advanced plastics processing, production tool repair and diagnosis, material handling and blending processes
- Will be the liaison between the Extrusion and the Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Engineering teams.
- Provide engineering support for all issues related to product quality and machine efficiencies
- Familiar with SPC techniques
Cantel is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status.