Cajun Industries, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Safety Technician
at Cajun Industries, LLC
- Job ID
- 04 - Houston Civil
- Physical Location
- La Porte, TX
More information about this job
Please attach a resume/curriculum vitae (CV) to your application in order to be considered
The Project Safety Technician maintains behavior and compliance with Safety and Health Standards through direct intervention with the Managers and Supervisors they serve. Has authority to identify, correct and report behaviors and/or conditions which may jeopardize Cajun’s goal of a safe and healthful workplace. Actively pursues corrective measures in anticipation of hazard. The Project Safety Technician must notify jobsite supervision when personnel on the jobsite deviate from any safety rule or procedure and ensure they follow company safety standards; set a personal example by following all safety rules and procedures. The Safety Technician must also work closely with all craft personnel and follow all client and company standards relating to the wearing of personnel safety equipment including clothing, shoes, protective equipment, and respiratory equipment.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Assist in Pre-job Planning beginning with support to our Estimators and Project Managers. Pre-job Planning with the Superintendent will continue throughout the job before new activities begin.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the safety and health performance of Assistant Superintendents to the Superintendent and Manager to whom they report.
- Enforce safety and health standards: minimum OSHA plus Client and Cajun.
- Enforce orientation and training that will maintain our Zero Injury Goal and meet Cajun, Client and Government requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate the use of recognition awards by the Superintendent to reward goal-directed employee behavior.
- Enforce Cajun’s Alcohol and Substance Abuse Policy.
- Train and monitor Pre-task Planning at the project using Pre-job Planning.
- Maintain emergency response, medical, and first aid services at each job-site.
- Investigate and report on all serious accidents and near-miss accidents, in addition to the Superintendent’s initial investigation. This includes all disabling injuries and any accidents or near misses with that reasonable potential.
- Complete all required site inspections and audits.
NCCER CSST or equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions
- Will need to perform sedentary to heavy work
- Will operate office equipment of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, reaching overhead, squatting, sitting or standing and lifting
- Must be able to manipulate and traverse uneven terrain, ladders, and multi-floor buildings with no elevator
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to drive cars/trucks as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Talking and reading & writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details