Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Electrical Engineer
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for our Oil, Gas and Chemicals Global Practice in our Houston, TX regional office!
As a senior electrical engineer, you can apply your leadership skills with a team of engineers and designers, and help grow the business by developing strong relationships with our clients.
Create your electrical execution plan from the front end planning stages and take the project through estimate reviews, through detailed design, and into construction and startup.
Duties on projects include:
- Lead a team of engineers and designers
- Mentor less experienced engineers and designers
- Interact daily with senior management at Burns & McDonnell
- Win new projects by assisting on proposals
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients and vendors
- Supervise or perform load flow, short circuit, motor starting, and arc flash studies
- Manage a cable schedule by interacting with controls engineers
- Write specs to purchase electrical equipment
When our design-build projects include construction and commissioning, other activities can include:
- Travel to the project site during construction to answer questions
- Write energization guidelines with the initial operations team
- Experience in construction and field start up is a plus
- Experience with large industrial facility revamp projects with customized scope is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards and codes such as NEC, API, IEEE color series books is a plus
- This position will be accountable for schedule and budget and making trips to job sites to survey existing electrical conditions (travel about 15%)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited program
- Minimum 7 years of related experience (completion of Master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience)
- Candidate must have experience as a lead electrical engineer on detailed design projects
- Must have experience with design activities listed above
- Must be willing to travel to the job site and meet with clients and construction personnel to scope the project and answer construction problems
- Must have basic knowledge of construction methods such as cable tray installation, cable pulling, cable testing, etc.
- Refinery, gas processing, or food manufacturing experience a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer and NCEES record for licensing in multiple states preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered
- Previous consulting experience preferred