Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Cloud Architect
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
Burns & McDonnell'sBusiness & Technology Solution's Global Practice is seeking an experienced EnterpriseCloud Architect to provide Application/Technology Architecture Solutions and Servicesto our clients. The selected candidatewill join The Global Enterprise Systems Business Line, which is focused onproviding our Clients a variety Consulting Services, Offerings, Capabilitiesand Strategies delivering high value to our clients through a variety of leadingtechnologies and practice disciplines. TheEnterprise Cloud Architect shall possess strong cloud, application and generaltechnology architectural, data analytical, middleware practices and general technicalskills to work with our clients to design and implement core cloud enterprise solutions. They must have strong project executioncapabilities, possess strong leadership and collaboration capabilities,excellent communication skills, be focused on continuous improvement and EnterpriseInnovation, and have a strong attention to detail while delivering high qualitywork to our clients. The EnterpriseCloud Architect is responsible for providing strategic guidance, road mapping,research, planning and best practices to our client's executive leaders to makeinvestment decisions that align with the long-term vision of the organization.
This position will leadand execute a variety of Enterprise Cloud Architecture solutions related workfor Burns & McDonnell clients. The position will lead efforts to identifyand deliver Enterprise Cloud Architecture services that support Solutions toour clients with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, industrybest practices, and continuous improvement.
Apply industry experience and best practices to architect, design, develop, and implement Enterprise Cloud Architecture solutions to support complex business requirements.
Serve as the Enterprise Cloud Architect Strategic expert in order to create Enterprise Cloud Strategies for our clients that clearly communicates industry best practices that support our client's business and technology objectives.
Apply knowledge andexpertise of current and emerging technology architectures and supportingmiddleware integration technologies and data practices to develop and deliverquality Enterprise Cloud solutions in both Information Technology (IT) andOperations Technology (OT) domains to meet client objectives.
Serve as Enterprise Cloud ArchitectureExpert on projects executed for Electric Transmission/Distribution/Generation/Telecom,Municipal Government, Federal Government, Airport and Facilities industries.
Meet and work with Burns& McDonnell's business analysts and clients to translate businessrequirements into Enterprise Application/Technology solutions and services.
Assist with preparation ofEnterprise Cloud solution proposals including the development of technicalspecifications, technical approach, team qualifications, cost estimates andschedules in response to client request for proposals.
Actively participate on EnterpriseCloud Architecture related technical committees and professional organizationsto promote and expand Burns & McDonnell's architecture capabilities, experienceand solutions providing thought leadership.
Ability to lead ourclients through high level Enterprise Cloud journey discussions and discovery strategiespertaining to the electric utility industry focusing on IT and OT Applicationsand Technologies.
Identify, write, andpresent Enterprise Cloud Architecture Strategies and technical papers, whitepapers, and presentations.
Mentor and providetechnical guidance and leadership to junior staff members.
Use Architecture (Application/Technology/Data)experience and knowledge to provide input and influence project execution processesand quality assurance/quality control protocols.
Responsible for participatingin and leading the Enterprise Cloud Services portion of sales pursuits andproposal development.
Ensure compliance withcompany and site safety policies.
All other duties asassigned.
- Bachelor's degree inEngineering, Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or closelyrelated field is preferred; Equivalent work experience will besubstituted.
- Experience providing EnterpriseCloud Architecture Strategies, Enterprise Integration solutions and servicesleveraging various applications and technical platforms.
- Excellent Cloud EnterpriseArchitecture and Integration skills, including data architecture, cloud architecture,middleware and other architectural methods and practices.
- Have led or participatedin a minimum of 3 large scale Enterprise Transformation projects using industryEnterprise Cloud strategy solutions.
- Strong ability to influenceor lead Enterprise Cloud project execution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solvingskills.
- Excellent written andverbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience with ApplicationData Analysis and transformation at various layers of the architecture and possessthe ability to present data transformation during various stages of thearchitecture.
- Experiencing with leadingedge PaaS, iPaaS, SaaS and other Cloud technology.
- Experiencing with a varietyof project execution methodologies including but not limed to Waterfall andAgile.
- Experience developing EnterpriseCloud Architecture strategies focusing on data, application, and a variety of technologiesfor clients in the Utilities Industry.
- Experience in operationalsystems in Electric Transmission/Distribution/Generation/Telecom (SCADA, ADMS),Municipal Government, Federal Government, Airport and Facilities industries ispreferred.
- Travel 20-60%