Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Terminal Automation Application Analyst
at Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Terminal Automation Application Analyst
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners is a company with a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® “Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Terminal Automation Applications Analystwith IT experience as it relates to analysis, design and application development in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
The Terminal Automation Applications Analyst role is responsible for performing or monitoring activities and projects related to the operation, integration, implementation, upgrade, and/or changes to Buckeye Terminal Automation Systems.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Monitor or perform various activities and correction including setup, maintenance, balancing, transaction transmission, and support for Buckeye Terminal Automation Applications.
- Monitor, perform and document processes and system internal audits.
- Monitor and conform to all SOX Compliance mandates.
- Work with and communicate to IT peers, IT management, Operations staff, and Operations management as needed.
- Learn and be able to train on new information technologies for terminal automation systems. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending professional workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies. Provide technical knowledge to co-workers for problem solving.
- Be familiar with and able to deliver training for new users on existing terminal automation systems and for all users on updated terminal automation systems. Understand and disseminate training plans for terminal automation systems throughout the company. Function as a training resource for all users.
- Understand and be able to use test backup procedures, including disaster recovery plan.
- Perform modifications to existing Terminal Automation Systems and implement across all terminals.
- Integrate new terminal data into existing system(s). Work with Customer Service for large integrations or changes.
- Act as resource for various projects related to terminal automation and billing systems.
- Provide appropriate support to field users by resolving terminal system issues or redirecting to appropriate team member, resource, or vendor.
- Act as liaison between Buckeye and support vendors.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Support other areas/special projects as needed.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline required.
- 0-2+ years experience Windows administration experience.
- 0-2+ years of related experience required, including terminal, engineering or other fuel related applications.
- Background and/or experience in Linux is preferred.
- Experience in the following is helpful: Terminal Automation Systems (TopTech), systems analysis and design methodologies, database management systems (MySQL, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, Access), client server technologies and browser-based applications.
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally.
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- The successful party in this position should possess excellent written and oral communication skills including proven customer relations skills.
- This position requires the ability to assess, troubleshoot, determine resolutions for problems, and make decisions, all in a timely manner.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to provide on-call support as needed on rotating schedule.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm