Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead / Senior Accountant
at Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Lead / Senior Accountant
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners is a company with a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Lead / Senior Accountant, Settlementswith experience in billings to join our growing team!
***Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.***
The Senior Accountant, Settlements role is responsible for leading the billing group and managing relationships with customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities may include:
· Billing Process. Performing billing process in a timely manner. Specific duties include:
o Reviewing pipelines and terminals invoices in the revenue billing and JDE systems.
o Working with Settlement Analysts to resolve issues.
o Reviewing monthly reconciliations.
o Managing collectibility of receivables.
o Preparing analytics and metrics.
o Performing and reviewing key internal controls.
· Communication. Working and communicating with various internal groups, including Contract Administration, Commercial, Segment Accounting, Accounts Payable and Information Technology.
· Sarbanes-Oxley. Establishing and maintaining appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
· Regulatory Compliance. Ensuring compliance with FERC, IRS and other applicable regulatory policies and standards.
· Policies and Procedures. Research various accounting issues, document findings and conclusions, with occasional presentation to management or auditors.
· Reporting. Supporting internal and external reporting. Reviewing A/R status and open issues around pipeline and terminal activities. This includes tariff update status and terminal contract reviews. Communicating to interested parties total invoiced amounts.
· Audit Support. Serving as a liaison with external and internal auditors for all reporting, accounting and SOX compliance matters.
· Process Improvements. Acting as a change agent to identify process improvements, implement changes and promote best practices.
· And other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting OR equivalent experience required.
· 5+ years related experience required, preferably in Accounting.
· Significant related experience in Billings and Accounts Receivable is required.
· Industry specific experience is a plus.
· Experience billing systems, JDE or similar systems is a plus.
· 6+ months experience supervising employee direct reports or leading a team of project-related employees on a job related assignment required.
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Proficiency using Microsoft office, with emphasis on Excel (prefer expert) required.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential for the successful execution of responsibilities in this role.
· Well developed analytical, planning and organizing skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority and high visibility processes are required.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· This person must perform duties that require considerable use of arms and extended hours of sitting.
· Required use of all ergonomically safe equipment in performance of job.
· Normal office environment
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.