Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Project Manager
at Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Engineering Project Manager
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® Top Workplaces, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's Top Workplaces, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Project Managerwith experience managing pipeline and/or terminal projects in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
The Project Manager role is responsible for providing project management services for pipeline, station, and terminal projects throughout Buckeye.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Project Initiating and Planning. Completing development of project scopes of work, cost estimates, schedules, work plans, and resource requirements as part of the initiation and planning phases of the project life cycle.
· Project Implementation. Managing implementation (project design, engineering, purchasing/contracting, construction, startup and commissioning, and closing) of projects in the petroleum industry and developing current reports regarding Project Status and Cost Forecasting.
· Project Approvals. Evaluating and obtaining approval of changes to project scopes of work, budgets, and/or schedules and completing all required documentation of changes
· Project Completion. Ensuring development of Construction and Operational Punch Lists and completion of all outstanding items and ensure completion of project documentation such as “as-built” drawings, operating manuals, PM’s, equipment tagging, device settings, and Completion Certificates.
· And other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required or PM Certification from Project Management Institute or 10 years of experience managing projects in the petroleum industry.
· 3 plus years managing pipeline and/or terminal projects.
Certificates & Licenses:
· Primavera Software - Advanced
· EIT Certification and intentions to obtain or have obtained a PE license is desirable.
· PM Certification from Project Management Institute is desirable.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· Experience and demonstrated aptitude in most phases of engineering, construction, and operations of pipeline, station, and terminal facilities
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· A strong commitment to safety is expected.
· Working in hazardous locations, including climbing tanks, and working in and around excavations will be required for a total of approximately 50% of the time.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.