Blackstone Technology Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Project Manager - Natural Gas Software
at Blackstone Technology Group
# of Openings:
Sr. Project Manager – Natural Gas Software
Blackstone Technology Group is hiring a full-time Sr. Project Manager to join our Trellis Team in Houston, TX. In this role you will lead customer implementations of our software solution Trellis, Blackstone’s Natural Gas Pipeline Management Product. The Sr. Project Manager will meet with Trellis customers to understand their business requirements and will be the customer’s liaison to the Trellis Development Team and executive team. You will be responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of Trellis implementations.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy (trellisenergy.com) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company bringing energy companies into the 21st century through advanced technology. Our Trellis ETMS product and solutions support the following Natural Gas transaction management domains:
- Interstate & Intrastate pipelines
- LDC Gas Supply & Customer Choice
- Acquire detailed product knowledge of Trellis to execute and successfully deliver customer implementations.
- Communicate with clients on their business processes and requirements both as they relate to Trellis and future strategic initiatives
- Work with customers and internal teams in implementing Trellis to accomplish client’s objectives.
- Managing all aspects of the implementation lifecycle including requirements gathering, fit-gap analysis, software configuration, customer training, user acceptance testing, deployment and stabilization.
- Collaborate with the product and strategy teams for detailed design and development of client specific customizations.
- Create and manage well-structured statements of work (SOWs), project resources, project plans, as well as manage project risk, issues, scope, timelines and budget.
- Exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding of project timelines, milestones and delivery expectations across all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide direction to project resources, monitor project progress and efforts, assemble key project deliverables and identify issues that require escalation.
- Schedule and facilitate internal, external and joint project status meetings and advise management on the effects that change requests will have on schedule and resources.
- Motivate and build teams who are dedicated to project delivery.
- Provide product feedback (customer requirements, product shortcomings, enhancements, etc.) to product team.
- Own outcomes for successful client implementations, relationships and Trellis as a product and company.
- 5+ years of natural gas / energy software consulting experience with full software implementation lifecycle experience.
- 5+ years of specific Project Management based experience; Sr. level PMs & leaders are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast paced problem-solving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated work-group by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value for our clients.
- A strong work ethic and sense of commitment to excellent outcomes for our clients and Trellis.
- Must possess and exude a strong, professional demeanor and presence.
- Impeccable time management skills.
- Ability to lead others and an eagerness to contribute within a team-oriented environment.
- Facilitation of and participate in Business Development activities.
- An ability to mentor and coach others along career path and client delivery lines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Travel to customer sites is required.
- Preferred Experience with Agile Methodology.
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.
The Blackstone name was chosen very carefully. A black-stone is a cutting tool used to shape and polish a rough diamond into brilliance. True to the concept behind the formation of our name, it remains Blackstone’s commitment to help our employees carve out and forge the best possible future. At Blackstone, by focusing on creative, efficient, and future-focused information technology solutions, we help to shape innovative individuals into industry leaders. Are you a Diamond in the Rough?
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.