Blackstone Technology Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Front End Software Engineer
at Blackstone Technology Group
# of Openings:
Sr. Front End Software Engineer
Trellis Energy, a subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, is hiring a full-time Front End Software Engineer to join our team local to Houston, TX (Galleria). Great growth opportunity to help build an enterprise level software serving the energy market. As a member of a tight knit and high-performing team, you will be integral to our product, client, and team successes. You will interact with all levels of the project teams including users, analysts, developers, architects, and management.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy ( trellisenergy.com ) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company bringing energy companies into the 21st century through advanced technology. Our Trellis ETMS product and solutions support the following Natural Gas transaction management domains:
- Interstate & Intrastate pipelines
- LDC Gas Supply & Customer Choice
- The ideal candidate will be well-rounded in various engineering facets, but have their focus on front-end engineering.
- Enhance/build new Trellis product features, customize existing functionality
- Participate in design and information flow sessions
- Evaluate, implement and present solutions based on Best Practices
- Contribute to solutions around usability improvements, rendering, information architecture, and data flow
- Present innovative ideas for product improvements based on business understanding
- 5+ years in front end web development; mid-Sr. level candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
- Ajax experience
- Experience with IDE tools such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Spring
- Experience with responsive design and development spanning Web (desktop), tablet, and mobile devices.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Experience with full SDLC processes and adaptable to different methodologies such as Agile
- Basic understanding of core Java
- Library experience in Highcharts, or other equivalent
- Hands-on experience with Windows, Linux, or Unix environment
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas industry
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.
The Blackstone name was chosen very carefully. A black-stone is a cutting tool used to shape and polish a rough diamond into brilliance. True to the concept behind the formation of our name, it remains Blackstone’s commitment to help our employees carve out and forge the best possible future. At Blackstone, by focusing on creative, efficient, and future-focused information technology
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.