Blackstone Technology Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Software Engineer
at Blackstone Technology Group
# of Openings:
Senior Java Software Engineer – Full Stack
Blackstone Technology Group is hiring a full-time mid-level or Senior Full Stack Java Software Engineer to join our Trellis Team local to Houston, TX - Galleria. Great growth opportunity to help build an enterprise level software serving the energy market. As a member of a tight knit and high-performing team, you will be integral to our product, client, and team successes. You will interact with all levels of the project teams including users, analysts, developers, architects, and management.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy ( trellisenergy.com ) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company bringing energy companies into the 21st century through advanced technology. Our Trellis ETMS product and solutions support the following Natural Gas transaction management domains:
- Interstate & Intrastate pipelines
- LDC Gas Supply & Customer Choice
- Full stack development, enhancement, customization, support, and maintenance of the many functions and features of a large and complex business system.
- Learn the Trellis software system architecture, frameworks, and coding standards.
- Participate and/or lead design and information flow sessions; conduct solution presentations.
- Create design specifications based on business and technical requirements.
- Develop, Enhance, Customize, Support, and Maintain code as per design and coding standards.
- Develop, update, and maintain unit test cases.
- Collaborate with the requirements team for product enhancements and implementations.
- Have your voice heard! Present innovative ideas for product improvements based on business understanding.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor other developers within the team.
- 7+ years in full stack and/or Java development, architecture, framework, and engineering.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
- Java/JEE, Spring (Core, MVC, AOP, Security), JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with web based and object oriented design frameworks, principles, and standards.
- Relational Databases such as Oracle or MySQL.
- Application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, WebLogic.
- JUnits and JavaDocs
- Application development on Windows, Linux, Unix platforms
- IDE tools such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience with full SDLC processes and methodologies such as Agile
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex development tasks
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and business problems
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Strong listening, written, and verbal skills
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas industry
- Experience with UML artifacts for requirements, design, modeling, and testing
- Recent development experience with a software product company
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.
The Blackstone name was chosen very carefully. A black-stone is a cutting tool used to shape and polish a rough diamond into brilliance. True to the concept behind the formation of our name, it remains Blackstone’s commitment to help our employees carve out and forge the best possible future. At Blackstone, by focusing on creative, efficient, and future-focused information technology solutions, we help to shape innovative individuals into industry leaders. Are you a Diamond in the Rough?
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.