Blackstone Technology Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consultant – Energy Transaction Management Software
at Blackstone Technology Group
# of Openings:
Consultant – Energy Transaction Management Software
Blackstone Technology Group is hiring a permanent Consultant who will support in-house product development, customer implementation projects, and new business development within our Trellis practice. Great opportunity to join as a member of a high-performing team and be integral to our product’s and client’s successes. You will interact with all levels of the project teams including users, developers, sales and management; presenting and demonstrating the product, as well as defining and maintaining feature requirements, test scenarios, process flows, and working through issues to facilitate solution development. You will have tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancements.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy (trellisenergy.com) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company bringing energy companies into the 21st century through advanced technology. Our Trellis ETMS product and solutions support the following Natural Gas transaction management domains:
- Interstate & Intrastate Pipelines
- LDC Gas Supply & Customer Choice
- Learn the Trellis software and become a product expert
- Lead requirements sessions and conduct client presentations including sales demos
- Collaborate to understand and document new business requirements
- Develop and maintain requirements, workflows, and process models deliverable
- Review and revise test cases, scenarios, and data
- Provide hands-on testing of the application
- Collaborate to maintain the product roadmap
- Facilitate the adoption of business process changes and service introduction
- Provide training and support to various user groups
- Read and understand the various rules, regulations, and standards defined by FERC and NAESB
- Read, understand, and document customers’ contracts, service offerings, rules, and tariffs
- Present ideas for product improvements based on business understanding and innovations
- 3-10 years’ experience with Oil & Gas Software System implementations; software consulting experience required
- Jr-Sr. level Gas Transportation industry Consultants are encouraged to apply
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or Engineering field
- Deep understanding of the midstream/upstream/downstream O&G segments
- Product implementation experience at customer sites
- Understanding of business process modeling and requirements gathering
- Experience with full SDLC processes
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex tasks
- Strong listening, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Proven problem solving and conflict management skills
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Must be willing to travel 50% on average.
- Expertise in the Gas Transportation industry and its products
- In-depth knowledge of fee-based natural gas assets for LDC/Utility, Gathering, Storage, and/or Pipeline companies
- Good technical orientation such as project lifecycle, data modeling and basic SQL
- Experience with UML artifacts for requirements, design, and testing
- Product or consulting firm experience
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.