Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper
at BKD, LLC
- Job ID
- Accounting Services
- Perform bookkeeping tasks
- Perform on-site bookkeeping/accounting functions without direct supervision
- Design accounting procedures and systems to enhance client internal controls
- Perform on-site or remote support of firm-supported accounting software
- Review and sign sales and payroll tax returns prepared by AOS as allowed by firm policy
- Research technical issues
- Assist with special projects
- Train client staff and other AOS personnel
- Lead AOS interactions with assigned clients
- 4-year degree preferred
- 4 or more years of experience in bookkeeping and related fields preferred, strong problem resolution skills and moderate knowledge of relevant accounting software and technologies
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor designation preferred
- Intacct experience is preferred
- Working on computer for long periods of time (up to four hours)
- Sitting for long periods of time (up to four hours)
- Some air and frequent car travel required (to client locations, BKD practice offices and/or conferences, events)
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.