Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BGE, Inc. is a nationwide engineering consulting firm that provides services in civil engineering, planning, construction phase administration, and environmental services for public and private clients. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include outstanding health care, generous 401K match, career mapping and highly competitive time away from work programs to include dependent care and flexible Fridays.
We are looking for a Content Specialist to join us in our Houston (Westheimer and Beltway 8) corporate headquarters. As a full-time member of the Marketing/Communications Team, this candidate will be responsible for internal and external communications content efforts including intranet, company social media, website, press releases, and change management communications. The successful candidate has stellar writing and editing skills and possesses an inquisitive nature to seek out and successfully produce compelling copy.
- Assist with the execution of the company’s PR strategy?
- Seek out and suggest innovative ideas for engaging content
- Write media announcements, press releases, presentations, scripts, and award submissions
- Manage and update media lists and databases
- Social media content development and implementation, with an emphasis on external PR
- Working with the team to identify and produce content for the company intranet
- Manage the updating of the intranet, social media and external website
- Attend team/project meetings
- Proofreading of various works including papers, proposals, and award submissions
- Organize meetings and interviews with stakeholders and subject experts to gather information and develop content
- Develop and maintain content topic schedules for written content on our digital platforms
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism, Communications, Writing, English, Liberal Arts, Marketing, or Public Relations)
- 2 years of content creative work (Portfolio/samples of content writing is required.)
- Inquisitive – Content topics aren’t given – they must be discovered
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with AP and technical style
- Advanced familiarity of Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to collaborate and work independently on simultaneous assignments
- Experience organizing meetings, conducting interviews and managing a project to completion
- Ability to stay poised and focused on the project goal when managing feedback from various sources
- Experience maintaining schedules and deadlines