Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Scheduler - Civil/Highway
At BGE, we seek out challenges and apply our community minded approach to see the big picture and uncover opportunities. We are adept at analyzing a situation, seeing it for what it can be and delivering the right response. Through it all, we connect with customers, employees, and communities and do what we say we will do with integrity and commitment.
BGE, Inc. is a nationwide engineering consulting firm that provides services in civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture, construction management and environmental services for public and private clients. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include outstanding health care, generous 401(k) match, career mapping and highly competitive time away from work programs to include dependent care and flexible Fridays.
- Create project contract schedules
- Analyze and report on contractor baseline schedules and schedule updates for compliance and acceptability
- Identify and monitor program milestones and interdependencies
- Analyzes project plans, schedule updates and delays
- Tracks the status of critical activities impacting the project and provide alerts on events impacting the project
- Identify the critical path and proactively suggest alternatives to regain slippage to the schedule
- Develop strategies to avoid, minimize, or efficiently negotiate claims
- Provide technical support in claims litigation
- Write and prepare technical reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related technical field preferred – not mandatory
- 5 years of experience in civil/highway construction required
- Strong understanding of civil/highway construction means and methods required
- Knowledge of contract procedures and principles required
- Ability to interpret contract specifications and drawings required
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including Word and Excel preferred