Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to join us in our Houston (Westheimer and Beltway 8) corporate headquarters. As a full-time member of the Marketing/Communications Team, this candidate will be responsible for managing internal and external communication and content including intranet, company social media, website, press releases, and change management communications. The successful candidate is a problem-solver, has stellar writing and editing skills, and possesses an inquisitive nature to seek out and successfully produce compelling copy.
- Assist with the execution of the company’s PR strategy
- Seek out and suggest innovative ideas for engaging content
- Write media announcements, press releases, presentations, scripts, and award submissions
- Oversight of social media content development and implementation, with an emphasis on external PR
- Working with the team to identify and produce content for the company intranet
- Manage the updating of the intranet, social media and external website
- Attend team/project meetings
- Oversee communication management and develop crisis communication plans
- Proofreading of various works including papers, proposals, and award submissions
- Organize meetings and interviews with stakeholders and subject experts to gather information and develop content
- Develop and maintain content topic schedules for written content on our digital platforms
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related fields)
- 6 years of communication experience (communication planning, crisis communication and extensive writing background is preferred)
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with AP and technical style
- Advanced familiarity of Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to collaborate and work independently on simultaneous assignments
- Experience organizing meetings, conducting interviews and managing a project to completion
- Ability to stay poised and focused on the project goal when managing feedback from various sources
- Experience maintaining schedules and deadlines
BGE, Inc. is a nationwide engineering consulting firm that provides services in civil engineering, planning, construction phase administration, and environmental services for public and private clients. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include outstanding health care, generous 401K match, career mapping and highly competitive time away from work programs to include dependent care and flexible Fridays.