Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Energy - Credit Products Officer
at BBVA Compass
- Job ID
- Site Name
- TX-HOUSTON-HOUSTON TOWER
- CORPORATE RISK
- Work Location
- FLSA Status
- FULL TIME
- EOE Statement
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
The Credit Products Officer for Oil & Gas is part of the Risk Management organization and is dedicated to supporting the Oil & Gas group of BBVA’s Corporate & Investment Banking unit. The Oil & Gas group manages relationships with companies in the oil and gas exploration and production sector, the midstream sector, and the downstream/services sector. These highly valued relationships involve both complex syndicated and bilateral credit facilities with the respective clients. The Credit Products Officer is responsible for managing all credit related aspects of these clients in accordance with the bank’s internal credit policies and guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure transactions based on market practices, borrower credit profile, and asset equality.
- Participate in due diligence reviews.
- Conduct financial modeling and collateral analysis.
- Underwrite credit requests (new origination / transaction extensions / modifications).
- Obtain credit risk approval for proposed requests (with respective Client Relationship Manager as sponsor).
- Coordinate with Client Relationship Manager to negotiate credit and legal documentation required.
- Review closing documents and ensure proper onboarding of transactions.
- Analyze and monitor periodic financial and compliance reporting required.
- Perform annual relationship reviews in conjunction with Client Relationship Manager to determine appropriateness of client credit profile and related exposures.
- Travel as necessary (less than 10%).
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA and/or CFA are positives but not required.
- In depth knowledge of accounting and experience with financial statement analysis.
- Formal credit or commercial loan training is a plus.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Individuals must be able to prioritize tasks through sound time management skill and ability to complete tasks based on required deadlines.
- High integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound public speaking and presentational skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry practices and prior experience with oil and gas financing transactions are a plus.