Bank of Hope
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Spclst (Korean Bilingual)
at Bank of Hope
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations Manager
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
Work Location: Various, Nationwide
Travel Requirement: 0% -25% of the time
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
Minimum Education Level: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: Some experience in retail sales and customer service functions a plus.
Combination of Experience and Education can meet the job requirements: Yes
English: Written: Advanced Verbal: Fluent
Korean: Written: N/A Verbal: N/A
Computer/Systems Knowledge Requirements
Microsoft Outlook: Intermediate
Microsoft Word: Intermediate
Microsoft Excel: Intermediate
Microsoft PowerPoint: Intermediate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Uses excellent communication and active listening skills to learn about the customer’s financial needs, establish trust, optimize sales opportunities, generate leads, and provide quality customer service.
- Achieves and exceeds individual and branch sales and service targets through recommendations of new and existing products and services (e.g. accounts, loans, and credit cards), sales referrals, cross-selling, up-selling in a results-driven environment and provide the great experience to every customer.
- Uses a strong knowledge in the products and services offered at the Bank to confidently educate customers about the features, benefits, and pricing so they are better informed with a deeper level of understanding.
- Orders checks and makes changes to customer information in an accurate and timely manner according to the customer’s request.
- Provides exceptional service in handling customers in person or over the telephone.
- Processes deposits, withdrawals, check cash, loan payments and other transactions including but not limited to reject items and returned items.
- Involves supervisors if transactions are over authority limits or exceptionally complex.
- Responsible for loss prevention in the processing all transactions and duties.
- Issues cashier’s checks, bank checks, money orders and travelers checks.
- Keeps work station neat, clean and well stocked with supplies and brochure materials.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors may include:
o Night & Mail Depository
o ATM balancing
o Safe Deposit Box
o Filing signature cards and documents
o May help with a variety of audits and verifications
o Input fund holds and stop payment request to core system
o Address changes, CD renewals, etc.
o Branch back counter capture
o Miscellaneous tasks and duties associated with the operations of a retail banking branch
- Complies with the Bank’s security program, including but not limited to:
o Reviews and complies with the End-User Computing Agreement
o Acquires good knowledge on functions and usage of computer systems as related to the assigned job functions.
o Be current and knowledgeable in industry’s trend in safeguarding the Bank against confidential data leak, identity theft, fraudulent activities, and computer security threats.
o Reports suspicious activities to manager, Chief Risk Officer or Information Security Officer.
- Assists with customer inquiries more than 50% of the day, ex. reviewing reports, resolving issues, printing statements, contacting customers.
BSA, CRA, Fair Lending and other Compliance Responsibilities:
- Complies with BSA, CRA, fair lending, and other compliance issues as required by policies and procedures.
- Inputs customer information to EZ teller for various transactions.
- Reports any suspicious activities to Operations Manager/ BSA officers.
- Verifies customer name and payee/beneficiary name to OFAC, NCCT for out-bound wire transfers and monetary instrument purchase, and new account.
- Report matches with NCCT and OFAC to Operations Officer or Operations Manager for further instructions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or customer complaints.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior and follow the Code of Conduct.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work with co-workers, customers, and outside agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Must exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Under 20 lbs: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Under 20 lbs: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Reach over shoulder: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Reach over head: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Reach Outward: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Kneel: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Squat: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Sit: Constant (Over 66% of the time)
Walk-Normal Surfaces: Frequent (34%-66% of the time)
Walk-Uneven Surfaces: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)
Stand: Occasional (1% - 33% of the time)
Bend: Occasional (1% - 33% of the time)
Automatic Trans: Occasional (1% - 33% of the time)
Keyboard/Ten Key: Constant (Over 66% of the time)
Fingering (fine dexterity): Occasional (1% - 33% of the time)
Handling (grasping, holding): Occasional (1% - 33% of the time)
Repetitive Motion – Hands: Occasional (1% - 33% of the time)
Repetitive Motion – Feet: Rarely (Less than 1 hour per week)