Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
up to $83,000
Staff Job Category:
The Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an accounting / finance professional with business technology and financial reporting experience to join its accounting team. The Sr. Financial Analyst plays a key role in the compilation and analysis of activity presented in the financial statements and subsequent posting and analysis of transactions to the G/L. This role reports to the Manager of Accounting & Controls.
- Develops, prepares and analyzes financial data and reports, including GAAP level financial statements as well as internal management financial statements.
- Analyzes and presents recommendations to management based on financial reports.
- Participates and plays a role in the re-implementation of SAP in the Accounting department as well as the modernization of other IT systems.
- Interaction and effective collaboration with senior-level members of BCM Finance.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Five years financial analysis work experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Established IT, ERP and BI (Business Intelligence) skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including data manipulation, pivot tables, V-look up’s and BI / data warehouse reporting.
- Expertise in SAP FI (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling).
- Proficiency with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Proven knowledge of accounting and experience working with G/L transactions such as adjustments, journal entries, reclassifications and reconciliations of accounts.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.