Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Nurse III
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Commensurate with experience
Staff Job Category:
Research - Clinical Trial
Proficient level professional nurse who provides professional nursing skills involving patient related research efforts. Responsible for patient care in a clinical research area. Duties may include screening and enrolling subjects, obtaining blood and other specimens for tests, administering medications, recording data for research analysis, and maintaining patient records.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practices as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Recruits, screens, enrolls and evaluate patients that participate in a research study.
- Schedules study visits and meetings related to studies.
- Collects study specimens and check subjects’ vital signs.
- Administers study medications.
- Follows subjects’ progress and advises the Principal Investigator.
- Maintains patient charts and medical records.
- Ensures the clinical studies are conducted in accordance with guidelines of the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Educates patients in significant aspects of study.
- Serves as a liaison and distributes research information to faculty, research staff, principle investigator, and others as required.
- May assist in developing the clinical trial agreement.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Stocks and orders supplies.
- Provides training and guidance to research nurses and other research personnel and serves as a resource to staff.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
- Four years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with one year in research nursing. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.