Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Coordinator III
at Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX
Up to $51,981
Staff Job Category:
Research - Clinical Trial
The Office of Surgical Research within the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery is looking for a skilled Research Coordinator III who will be responsible for multiple clinical projects in Breast Cancer research under direction of the principal investigator (PI), study team and relevant departmental leadership. The Research Coordinator III will support the PI to facilitate clinical trial activities and accrual working with BCM staff across multiple teams (i.e.; Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center) to ensure that breast center trials increase in number and patient accrual.
Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. May supervise other research staff.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Computer proficient wih computer spreadsheets and database management.
- Ability to understand and implement patient studies and protocols.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research studies.
Work is located in busy patient clinics, hospitals, office areas, and/or laboratories where there are potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood &/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, chemicals, radiation, and physical hazards. Patient interaction and interaction with other employees is required.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.
Cover Letter, List of References