Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Coordinator III
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Up to $46,000
Staff Job Category:
Research - Clinical Trial, Research - Laboratory
The Elkins Pancreas Center (EPC) specializes in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, pancreatic diseases, and pancreatitis, through pancreatic surgery (Whipple procedure), gene therapy, clinical trials, general surgery, and minimally invasive surgery. We are working to discover effective new methods to diagnose and treat pancreatic cancer. The EPC research team is responsible for designing, implementing, and collaborating on the Center's various research projects. The primary role of the Research Coordinator III is to manage all aspects (recruitment, data collection, regulatory, and Biospecimen processing) of an NIH sponsored prospective study to establish a new- onset diabetes cohort. The Research Coordinator III will be responsible for traveling to clinics around the Houston area to recruit and enroll patients. Also, the Research Coordinator III may be required to perform phlebotomy on study participants.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for study.
- Explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information. Processes, documents and enters information into a database.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.*
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- *Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Conducts all testing procedures required by study protocol.
- Evaluates and analyzes clinical research data.
- Prepares documentation necessary to obtain initial and continued approval for the specific research protocol.
- Performs literature searches and prepares literature reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; Four years of relevant work related experience in a research or health care setting can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Two years of relevant experience in a research or health care setting with Bachelor's degree or Six years of relevant experience in a research or health care setting without a Bachelor's degree.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.