Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
up to $60,000
Staff Job Category:
Hot Job, Research/Scientific
The laboratory of Dr. Mingshan Xue (https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs/mingshan-xue) in the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI) is seeking applicants for a research associate. The NRI is dedicated to research aimed at understanding normal brain function and the pathogeneses of neurological disorders. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the NRI provides a vibrant environment to facilitate collaborations between labs and promote dynamic interactions between basic researchers and clinicians.
This individual will work in one of the following two areas:
- Investigate the synaptic mechanisms of cortical circuits in mice;
- Study the pathogenesis of novel neurodevelopmental disorders using mouse models.
This individual is expected to utilize a range of approaches including two-photon imaging, super resolution imaging, electrophysiology, optogenetics, molecular biology, and animal behavior.
- Master's degree in a basic science. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of directly related experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Strong research record in one or more of the following areas: imaging, biochemistry and protein engineering, electrophysiology, molecular genetics, or animal behavior.
- Previous experience in neuroscience is desired, we are also interested in individuals with a broad range of expertise.
- Applicants with a background in math, physics, or computer science are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating research experience and interest, a CV, and a list of 3 referees as a single PDF file.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.
Resume/CV, Cover Letter, List of References