Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Assistant I
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Hiring up to $40,000
Staff Job Category:
Research - Laboratory
Performs responsible research work of a complex nature that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Master's degree in a basic science or equivalent*.
- No experience required.
*NOTE: A Bachelor's degree in a basic science and two years of directly related experience is considered equivalent to a Master's degree.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.