Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler I
at Baylor College of Medicine
Center for Comparative Medicine
Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX
Hiring up to $27,000
Staff Job Category:
This individual will work on the CCM Receiving Dock which is the hub for receiving and delivery of all animals and supplies into the eight Baylor vivariums.
• Completes required procedures necessary to receive and deliver animals and consumables.
• Reports and records maintenance issues for all CCM vehicles and equipment.
• Responsible for daily loading and unloading of CCM shipments.
• Stocks consumable items from warehouse to CCM facilities.
• Cleans and maintains all areas within the receiving dock and dumpster area.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent technical work experience.
- One year directly related experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Clean driving Record.
- Three year driving history in the United States.
- One year of rodent husbandry experience.
- Knowledge of CCM policies and procedures.
- AALAS certification at the ALAT level.
Working Conditions: There are occasional unpleasant work elements, but the work environment is generally comfortable.
Physical Requirements: Required to exert physical effort during part (up to 4 hours) of the normal work shift in handling objects over 30 pounds.
Physical Risk: Occasionally (less than 2 to 4 hours/shift) handles and/or works with biohazards or risks for potential job-related injury, rarely coming in contact with hazardous material.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.