Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Educator / Patient Navigator
at Baylor College of Medicine
Family and Community Medicine
Kirby Office, Houston, TX
up to $51,981
Staff Job Category:
Healthcare, Public Health / Education
Location: Kirby Office
Under general direction, assists Project Coordinator and Project Director by performing tasks related to the colorectal cancer (CRC) CPRIT project, following established protocols. Specifically, the full-time Patient Navigator will help patients, through the use of various resources and support services ensure that patients receive timely CRC screening. This position reports directly to the Project Coordinator.
- Assess needs of patients eligible for CRC screening and perform intake according to project policy on standardized forms and in project database.
- Organize and schedule patients for colorectal cancer screening appointments and maintain accurate records of telephone encounters as well as records on follow-up calls.
- Conduct education and outreach activities following standard protocol.
- Link patients with appropriate resources and appropriate referrals to outside agencies. Research.
- Assist with several aspects of the CPRIT project including various clerical, editorial and administrative duties.
- Attend weekly project meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Education, Public Health, Community Health, or Behavioral Science.
- Two years of directly related experience in patient health counseling, educating small and large groups.
- Valid Texas Driver's License may be required for jobs that require travel.
- Master's degree in Health Education, Public Health, Community Health, or Behavioral Science.
- Two years of Health Education counseling experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Record Systems.
- Certification as a Certified Health Educator (CHES) from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- Preferably fluent in English and Spanish.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.