Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Flow Cytometry Specialist II
at Baylor College of Medicine
Center for Gene Therapy
Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX
Hiring up to $70,000
Staff Job Category:
Hot Job, Research - Laboratory
Uses unique and advance skills in Flow Cytometry and sorting to achieve the goals of the organizational unit.
- Conducts independent research or developmental projects with minimum supervision.
- Supervises and directs the work activities of lower level laboratory personnel.
- Processes and tests specimen samples from bone marrow, blood, and various other tissues for analysis and diagnosis.
- Counts and measures cells by utilizing a Flow Cytometer for optimum data acquisition, analysis, manipulation, validation, and quality control purposes.
- Analyzes and prepares preliminary reports.
- Records and labels specimen samples in log that includes patient demographic information.
- Learns and develops new research procedures. Participates in the presentation and publication of data and research results.
- Provides instruction and guidance to laboratory personnel.
- Acquires and constantly maintains current knowledge of scientific research.
- Practice quality control procedures in order to produce accurate and valid results used in patient diagnosis and to ensure compliance with federal and organizational guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in medical technology or a chemical, biological or physical science.
- Three years of flow cytometry experience in a laboratory environment. Education will not be substituted in lieu of experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Master degree in a chemical, biological or physical science
- Certification as a Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist.
*Occasionally (less than 2 hours/shift) handles/works with biohazards or risks for potential job related injury, rarely coming into contact with hazardous materials.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.