Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Accountant II
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
up to $48,480
Staff Job Category:
Performs analysis in the areas of procurement, accounts payables, and special projects related to A/P and resolves issues preventing payment of invoices.
- Analyzes SAP reports indicating possible duplicate payments, determines valid duplicates, and works with the vendor to recover monies overpaid.
- Prepares and analyzes the Blocked Invoices Report and coordinates with the departmental, administrative, and financial departments to resolve.
- Works to satisfy vendor inquiries, questions, requests, etc. in a timely manner with emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
- Utilizes escalation process as appropriate.
- Communicates with departments on issues related to invoice issues that prevent payment.
- Answers department inquiries regarding A/P processes, requirements for specific transactions, the correct SAP document on a payment and generally acts as a Help Desk/liaison with the departments of the college.
- Acts as the point of contact on issues relating to ClinCard from departments and works to answers related questions.
- Assists customers on issues with Bank of America (WORKS) software for credit card payments.
- Processes refunds, returned checks, voids and reissues checks.
- Runs Debit balance vendor reports and payment exception reports and identifies and communicates resolutions on a regular basis to A/P leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience in accounts payable.
- Two years of experience with a Bachelor's degree. Six years of experience in accounts payable without degree.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.