Baylor College of Medicine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
up to $51,250
Staff Job Category:
Finance/ Accounting, Grants Management
The Accountants within the Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA) department supports the day to day account reconciliations, billing, financial analysis, journal entries, invoicing, and reporting of external and internal sponsor accounts. The ideal candidate for this position will provide administrative and regulatory guidance to the Baylor College of Medicine faculty, administrators, and staff on the uses and reporting requirements from federal, state and private awarding agencies including but not limited to the National Institute of Science (NIH), and the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT).
- Work with Principal Investigators (PIs), administrators, other department managers and coordinator to ensure post award compliance to all federal, state, and private sponsors.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities including preparation of journal entries, review/analysis of financial results, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Complete and review Journal Entries as needed.
- Maintain financial reporting schedules and ensure the timely reporting of all financial information.
- Prepare, review and enter budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting transactions.
- Prepare accounting entries for proration of indirect costs, letters of credit, salary reallocations, loan transactions, refunds, and repayments.
- Review and manage aged reports with Grants and Contract accounting management.
- Provide assistance with general ledger and monthly (and Yearly) accounting close process.
- Reconcile and prepare spreadsheets to submit invoices and financial reports for sponsor accounts.
- Perform final reconciliation and closeout of expired accounts.
- Coordinate and ensure resolution of unidentified and unclaimed payments.
- Participates in auditing projects, as appropriate to the operating needs of the college.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years of professional accounting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office: Outlook, Word, Excel Ability to use web based applications, including banking institutions, third party interfaces, venders, and government agencies.
- Knowledge of Federal and State of Texas regulatory requirements.
- SAP experience.
The following is a list of the Required and Optional documents for this position. Please be sure to have them ready before you submit your application.