BASSETT FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, INCORPORATED
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BASSETT FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, INCORPORATED
US-TX, Houston (The Woodlands; Corp-50322)
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the showroom’s first impression and maintaining a ‘brand new’ image and an attractive setting. This includes the cleanliness of the showroom, offices, restrooms, warehouse and storage spaces of the building. Looks for actions that can be taken to make our store clean and orderly.
Direct reporting to and supervision from the Store Manager, Assistant Manager and/or Design Manager. Direction given from visual merchandiser.
- Cleans all major areas of the building, showroom, office, restrooms, break room and warehouse areas:
- Performs cleaning of the showroom floor on a daily basis;
- Dusts showroom at least every other day or as needed, including inside cabinets, etc, being sure to replace items as they were set;
- Vacuums carpet daily, including entry mats prior to store opening as to not interrupt traffic;
- Sweep and mop hard surfaces floors;
- Cleans glass, mirrors and table tops at least 2 times per day so no fingerprints are visible on the glass;
- Empty all trashcans daily or as needed with new liners placed in the cans;
- Recheck restrooms periodically throughout the day for touch ups needed;
- Be attentive when walking through the showroom, noticing fallen tags, pillows to straighten, etc;
- Hangs and/or replace light fixtures and light bulbs throughout the store ( wall units, light fixtures, etc) and directs overhead lighting to standards;
- Maintains reasonable stock of required cleaning supplies, light bulbs and paper products;
- Organizes and maintains the storage areas within the showroom;
- Inspects the outside of the showroom on a regular basis to maintain an attractive appearance, including the maintenance of the planters and cleanliness of parking lot;
- Reports non-removable stains, damage concerns to the Store Manager immediately;
- Follows safety guidelines and reports any safety concerns to the Store Manager immediately;
- Perform routine building and simple maintenance such as wall retouching, painting, and minor repairs;
- Assists with furniture assembly when needed for the showroom or customer pick up;
- Opens, assembles, inspects, cleans, performs any minor touch up when needed prior to and loads merchandise for customer pickups;
- Receives deliveries from warehouse, Fed-Ex, UPS, etc, making sure that the Customer Care Specialists and/or visuals are made aware of delivery;
- Inspects merchandise delivered to ensure showroom quality when unloading;
- Assists designers with movement of product within the showroom for presentation purposes with the designer ensuring it is returned to its proper placement;
- Assists visual merchandiser with floor moves, store displays and resets when necessary;
- Hangs wall art, mirrors, sale window signage and stage props;
- Hangs and removes rugs from the rack;
- Assists store staff with tagging of the floor when necessary;
- Assists store manager with inventory when necessary;
- Adherence to and compliance with Bassett’s Vision and values at all times;
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned by the store manager.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency certificate;
- 1 year experience in a maintenance/housekeeping position is preferred but not required;
- Valid Driver’s License and a maintained clear and safe driving record, may be required to drive to another location or get supplies for the showroom;
- Ability to:
- Work in an organized and safety conscious manner
- Work as a team with an enthusiastic attitude
- Effectively communicate with customer, co-workers, and management
- Read, understand and write the English language;
- Lift, carry and climb ladders;
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds without assistance with use of safety belt;
- Use certain tools or equipment specific for the cleaning process;
- Walk, stand, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use and/or control tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear, and see up close, in color, depth and distance vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus.
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.