BASSETT FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, INCORPORATED
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BASSETT FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, INCORPORATED
US-TX, Houston Whse (Corp-50330)
Position involves driving a 26 foot box truck on local trips with a load of furniture and accessories that must be unloaded at the customer's home, office or other designated location. Backhauls consist primarily of customer returns and scheduled pickup of furniture. The position is non-traditional since drivers play a critical role for ensuring satisfaction and involves a two-person team consisting of a Home Delivery Driver and a Home Delivery Assistant.
• Perform Daily Safety Inspection.
• Operate Delivery Box Truck observing all traffic laws.
• Follow directed route to insure on-time delivery of product.
• Direct Delivery Assistant on proper handling and placement of furniture.
• Communicate with Customer understanding where to place product.
• Lift and move furniture and components without damaging the furniture or items in the home.
• Assemble pieces as required using hand tools.
• Make final in-home deluxe of delivered product.
• Remove items as directed by delivery hub from the hub.
• Store protective materials and straps as required.
• Remove all packaging materials from home and stow on Delivery truck.
• Maintain Clean Truck meeting established guidelines.
• Fuel Vehicle as required.
• Unloading furniture at customer's designated location; e.g. home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
• Completely assembling furniture as required; e.g. placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs etc.
• Using effective communication skills and a professional demeanor with customers.
• Performing minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in the customer's home.
• Conducting inventory of tools, supplies, equipment, repair kits.
• Preparing required documentation; e.g. driver log, delivery receipts, waivers, and comments.
• Marking rejected furniture with tape indicating problem areas.
• Submitting delivery receipts to dispatcher with explanations of returns.
• Projecting a positive company image.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency certificate;
- Valid Driver’s License and a maintained clear and safe driving record;
- Commitment to Bassett’s “Vision and Values” at all times;
- Ability to:
- Safely drive a 26 foot box delivery truck;
- Navigate through the delivery area;
- Work in an organized and safety conscious manner;
- Work as a team with an enthusiastic attitude;
- Use a wireless tablet, or other Bassett system driven device;
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, management and customers;
- Read, understand and write the English language;
- Lift and move products weighing up to 150 pounds without a lifting device;
- Lift and move products in excess of 150 pounds with an approved lifting device or partner;
- Walking distance may vary between 25-300 feet;
- Knowlege of Ipad use a plus;
- Walk, stand, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use and/or control tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear, and see up close, in color, depth and distance vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus.
Bassett offers a full benefits package including:
401(k) plan with company match
Paid time off
Generous Employee Discounts
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.