Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Houston Astros
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Entertainment Marketing
Classification: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
The Houston Astros are seeking personable and energetic individuals to interact with and engage fans at in-market and community events, as well as assist with marketing activations as they relate to our in-game operations.
The Shuttle Crew is an active group and members must possess upbeat, outgoing attitudes with drive and dedication to create a family-friendly atmosphere and experience for fans.
If you are available 10-15 hours/week (including weekdays and weekends), have a desire to be a contributing member of our Shuttle Crew marketing team and you love Astros baseball, we would love to meet you!
- Activate at numerous events throughout Houston and surrounding communities with the goal of increasing awareness and equity of the Houston Astros brand.
- Responsible for the set-up and teardown of equipment, as well as the distribution of promotional items at each event.
- Assist in the Astros Buddies Club membership fulfillment and sales. Outgoing individuals who are comfortable talking to people and promoting Astros baseball is essential.
- Support large scale team marketing initiatives during Astros home games
- Execute targeted grassroots marketing promotions in Houston and surrounding areas.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with marketing and entertainment staff.
- Represent the Astros and Astros sponsors in a positive manner. Many of the events that the Shuttle Crew will work include direct involvement and interaction with key corporate partners.
- Outgoing personality is a MUST! We want highly energetic, enthusiastic people to promote the Astros brand in and around Houston.
- Previous marketing/promotional experience for a college or professional sports team preferred.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Reliable, punctual and professional attitude.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- A strong passion for entertaining and Astros baseball!
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a good driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.