Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Tour Guide
at Houston Astros
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Coordinator, Tours
The Houston Astros are looking for more Part Time Tour Guides to fill out our team!
As a Tour Guide, you will be responsible for conducting daily tours of Minute Maid Park for fans and guests from around the world. In addition to conducting tours of the ballpark, Tour Guides serve as ambassadors for the Houston Astros by taking part in special events, birthday parties, and corporate events at Minute Maid Park.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
- Interact and guide visitors through walking tour of Minute Maid Park.
- Serve as Astros host for birthday parties, special events and game day tours.
- Responsible for knowledge of Minute Maid Park as well as Houston Astros and Major League Baseball history as provided by Tours department.
- Monitor all areas of Astros tour route prior to guests’ arrival. Unlock and check all tour areas before beginning of tour. This will require kneeling or bending to turn on escalators.
- Welcome guests to Union Station prior to all tour start times.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with children.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Willingness to work with others as a team.
- Knowledgeable of the Houston Astros and Major League Baseball history.
- Ability to maintain a POSITIVE attitude while handling difficult situations is essential.
- Flexible schedule: Availability to commit at least three (3) days a week along with nights/weekends.
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, climb stairs, talk, hear, and use hands to handle or feel.
- Position requires ability to walk long distances.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, on occasion.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud. Employees must be able to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this job.
All new hires will attend a general tours and service orientation. As a Tour Associate, new team members will receive the necessary information and tools that must be learned to successfully deliver tours. All participants will be required to pass tests within 60 days of employment based on the material and apply the acquired knowledge to their role as a Tour Guide in the Astros organization.