Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Instructor-Youth Academy
at Houston Astros
Department: Community & Foundation
Supervisor: Manager, Youth Academy
This position will provide major league style baseball/softball instruction and training in the areas of hitting, pitching, fielding, base running and game knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide baseball and/or softball instruction during scheduled events at the YA.
- Assist with various aspects of organizing or coordinating athletic events held at the YA.
- Support the YA’s marketing efforts and outreach by participating in various public events, speaking engagements and other outreach or promotional programs and events.
- High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with members of the community, organizations, sponsors, instructors, players and coaches.
- Creative, energetic and proactive approach to work.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Represents the Astros in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a 2 year associates degree or major/minor league baseball experience or current collegiate level baseball player/athlete.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proven experience in coaching high school, college, professional baseball or management of organized sports/recreational activities or current collegiate level baseball player/athlete.
- EXTENSIVE knowledge of one or more (baseball/softball) skills designated for instruction.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work with children and parents.
- EXCEPTIONAL communication skills.
- Minimum physical requirements: able to gain access to various areas of the YA for prolonged periods during events; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- Possess very high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Professional image and demeanor.