Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Minor League Manager
at Houston Astros
Minor League Manager
Department: Player Development
Supervisor: Director, Player Development
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
The Houston Astros are currently seeking a Minor League Manager in the Player Development Department. Serving as a uniformed coach at one of our affiliate baseball clubs, the Minor League Manager will work in conjunction with our Fundamentals Coordinator and local affiliate staff (Pitching Coach, Hitting Coach, Strength Coach & Athletic Trainer) to develop and execute an optimized daily team schedule while being responsible for player development in the areas of infield/outfield/catching defense and baserunning.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
The Minor League Manager will be expected to:
- Oversee the implementation of the organization’s fundamentals curriculum at the affiliate level
- Collaborate with the affiliate Pitching Coach, Hitting Coach, Strength Coach and Athletic Trainer to make sure that needs are being met in each area
- Breakdown and review video of fundamentals
- Design individual development plans for position players
- Communicate plans, goals and progress with relevant staff members during process
- Periodically complete and update reports on internal systems
- Assist other field staff when able and necessary with normal day to day operations at the affiliate (throw BP, hit fungoes, monitor pitchers, etc.)
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Interest in player development, strength & conditioning and analytics.
- Ability to understand and advocate for changes due to new information and or tools in baseball.
- Ability to work well with analysts in the front office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Hard working and driven to succeed.
- Professional or collegiate playing experience is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strength & Conditioning related or technical degree is a plus.
Additional Requirements / Qualifications:
- Ability to operate a computer proficiently
- Ability to throw and catch
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as well as bending, sitting in a catcher’s squat, reaching, throwing, and swinging a bat.
- Visual acuity to distinguish pitches and facilitate instruction.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors.