Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computer Vision Analyst
at Houston Astros
Computer Vision Analyst, Research & Development
Department: Baseball Operations
Supervisor: Director, Research and Development
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
The Houston Astros Baseball Club is accepting applications for a talented machine learning/computer vision analyst to join our growing Research & Development team within Baseball Operations. This position will help plan, design, and build new models, visualizations, and tools to support (and collaborate with) all facets of Baseball Operations: scouting; player development; player acquisition; video; and more. We are seeking an applicant with knowledge of the latest technologies who can help design novel systems and tools to help the Astros stay ahead of the competition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team on designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining scalable models for Baseball Operations
- Assist the R&D team to extract value from high speed video and other spatio-temporal datasets
- Help deliver future quantitative systems for downstream processing of baseball game and training data
Education and/or Experience:
- Interest in baseball
- Experience with scalable ML frameworks: Tensorflow; PyTorch; Caffe; etc.
- Experience modeling humans using computer vision/ML toolsets
- Proficiency with Python and R
- Proficiency with relational databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with video camera and associated networking hardware and software
- Experience with HTML5 video libraries
- Experience with cloud services (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Experience with containerization technology (Docker)
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development
- Experience with agile software development
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a step ladder as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.