Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research & Development (R&D) Consultant/Senior Consultant
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Conduct research and development tax credit studies, which includes traveling to client locations, participating in client interviews, analyzing and organizing client data, developing client- and industry-specific tools and templates, and drafting technical reports
- Research and draft technical memoranda related to R&D tax credit matters
- Develop industry expertise to help the R&D Team deliver more proactive and targeted R&D strategies to clients and prospects
- Provide audit defense assistance for clients being audited by the IRS or state taxing authorities
- Develop data models to help automate R&D credit calculation and documentation processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or business related field
- 1-3+ years of work experience with exposure to R&D tax credits ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically advanced knowledge of Excel and Access
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for finding creative and efficient solutions to analytical problems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel to client locations and various Baker Tilly office locations
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.