Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AV Field Service Technician
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
The AVI-SPL Field Service Technician will work in partnership with the Global Helpdesk to provide Service support for customers at on-site locations with the end goals of restoring functionality to our customers’ assets while delivering a world-class Customer Service experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
• Perform preventative maintenance visits to help maintain a stable client-based system
• Clean various AV equipment including but not limited to: camera lenses, monitors and equipment fans
• Take responsibility to accurately complete job documentation as needed
• Field installation of control programs (AMX / Crestron/Firmware) – upload and download capability
• Field service support of networked devices (Routers, IP Protocols, etc.)
• Perform service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner including but not limited to: pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projectors and hanging ceiling mounts
• Provide necessary training and support for next level service technicians
• Provide end-user client training as needed
• Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job
• Setup and troubleshoot various video codecs/video teleconferencing systems
• Travel to various job sites required
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Effectively communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
• Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Basic computer knowledge
• Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video and control
• Ability to manage small to medium projects
• Ability to solder & crimp connectors
• Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of 1 – 3 years of audiovisual integration experience preferred
• Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Preferred external training:
o OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
o Avixa (InfoComm) Quick Start to the Audio-Visual Industry
o Avixa (InfoComm) CTS General Certification
o AMX Intro to Networking for AV Professionals
o Crestron Professional Installation
o Exton AV Associate Certification
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment and can occasionally be required to drive to client sites.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• This position does not have direct reports
40 hours - Mon – Fri, be flexible to work after hours and weekends when required.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary.
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law