Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Position : Commissioning Manager
Work Location : 4400 Post Oak Parkway, Houston, TX
Zip Code : 77027
Employment Type : Contract to hire opportunity
Contract Duration : 6 Months, Temporary to Permanent
Pay Rate : $70 per hour on W2
Eligibility : US Citizenship and Green Card Holder
- Management of all project commissioning and startup activities in accordance with the Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule and within the established startup budget.
- Has authority to allocate resources and make startup, commissioning, and testing decisions in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments
- Manages the process of construction completion turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the client.
- Manages priorities and activities of startup staff.
- Develops and maintains a detailed startup schedule and detailed set of startup packages to track Startup completion and progress.
- Manages and maintains open communications and relationship with the client.
- Responsible to managing and monitoring the Startup budget and man hours.
- Develops clear startup procedures as required by contract to coordinate the startup effort.
- Plans and prepares for startup activities and major milestones (chemical cleaning, steam blow, demonstration tests, etc.).
- Implements a coordinated operations control program ensuring good communication and the smooth execution of operational activities.
- Creates and implements controls process for spares, consumables, outstanding work, and material deliveries.
- Coordinates the daily activities effecting and involving startup.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountability.
- Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
- 7+ years of startup experience, including one previous assignment as startup manager.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or, 10 to 15 years of equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of startup experience, including one previous assignment in a Senior Startup Leadership Role.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 5-10 years of prior experience working on International Oil & Gas Projects.
- Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and startup guidelines
- Division Policies
- Project Management Skills
- Leadership & Supervisory Skills
- Communications Skills
- Customer Relations Skills
- Planning Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Strong Knowledge of technical principles related to O&G, LNG, NGL, Gas Dehydration, SRU’s & GTL plants.
- Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools
- Resource Management
- OSHA 10 Hour