Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Auction General Manager
at AutoNation, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Dealership / Location Name
- AutoNation, Inc
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
The General Manager (GM) is the senior leader of an AutoNation Auction location responsible for leading the team to achieve revenue, budget and customer satisfaction goals through effective implementation of business strategies. The GM is responsible for overseeing all operations, employee relations, new business growth, compliance and vendor management for the auction location.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the auction to achieve targeted performance in all areas of the business.
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes.
- Preparing the annual budget by reviewing sales results, expenses and other financial data, such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other expenses.
- Partnering with the Controller and Assistant General Manager in reviewing monthly forecasts.
- Fostering open communication with Auction employees, and clearly communicating AutoNation’s vision, mission and priorities both internally and externally.
- Promoting an “everybody recruits” culture; attracting, retaining, and developing associates.
- Driving an exceptional customer experience in all departments including the lot, office and customer support.
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance.
- Setting pricing, planning, developing and implementing auction goals.
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining expertise in all areas of auction operations to ensure efficiency and economy while also maintaining awareness of market trends to ensure proactivity in decision making.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers while promoting the AutoNation brand through communication on sale days, at customer’s place of business, and trade shows and industry events.
- Partnering with Assistant General Manager to monitor and manage Auction logistics and operations.
- Growing the business through actively seeking out new auction sales opportunities.
- Reviewing all auction reports for store efficiencies.
- Managing and leading third party vendors, contract associates, and AutoNation associates.
- Overseeing risk management, employee relations, transportation logistics and security; final determination of arbitration cases.
- Reviewing volumes plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service.
- Reviewing auction performance against key performance indicators then developing and executing appropriate strategies.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in auction management, or management within a retail sales or service industry with emphasis in both operations and sales. Auction experience required.
- Previous budget and P&L responsibility.
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Superior prioritization skills, able to effectively and efficiently multi-task.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Experience and desire to work with technology, previous experience working in inventory and auction systems required.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.