Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Coordinator
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Business and Financial Operations
Austin Industrial, Inc. is a leading General Contractor that provides construction, maintenance, turnaround, specialty, and plant services within the oil, gas, chemical, power, and manufacturing industries. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Coordinator.
The purpose of this position is to perform project controls administration including, but not limited to, the following: material expediting, quantity tracking, cost control, scheduling, document control, basic job cost management, subcontract management, and procurement.
Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Contract Administration
- Material Expediting
- Subcontractor and supplier bid review
- Assist in Subcontract negotiations and project buyout
- Scheduling and coordination of the project
- Project cost administration
- Productivity reporting
- Customer billing
- Change order pricing
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers
- Development of subordinates
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all prime contract reporting obligations and deliverables are identified and complied with
- Setup company standard quantity tracking system
- Setup and manage document control system including drawings and specifications, submittals, RFIs, correspondence, meeting notes, etc. Coordinate with ATS to establish project DFS folders and access rights
- Review submittals for proper coordination and adherence to the plans and specifications
- Draft and maintain project correspondence
- Attend progress, planning, and safety meetings
- Assist with mobilization activities on the project, working with the superintendent
- Assist in the review of subcontractor bids for buyout purposes
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with completion of a project, including closeout documentation, completion reports, collection of final monies due, etc.
- Review and evaluate subcontractor pay applications, approve and code invoices and sign pay requests
- Prepare closeout documents
- Prepare and submit customer pay requests, ensuring that billings are processed in an accurate, timely manner
- Distribute change requests for pricing and schedule impact
- Prepare draft proposed change pricing inclusive of cost and schedule evaluations. Maintain proposed changes in the project change order log.
- Maintain accurate documentation of inspections and quality reviews in the DFS
Cost and Productivity Management
- Analyze and be responsible for budget and quantity updates for job cost reporting
- Review and approve daily time and quantity reporting to insure accurate job cost reporting
- Assist in establishing and maintaining job cost reporting in accordance with company policy
- Produce and review productivity reports with the project team at regular intervals and ensure that management is kept up-to-date on unit costs and schedule attainment for the work and how it compares with the budget
- Assist the superintendent in the development of Work Plans
- Ensure timely procurement and delivery of all required construction materials and permanent materials in support of project schedule requirements
- Assist in developing the project schedule. Update and maintain schedule as job progresses. Ensure schedule is updated to incorporate change orders, field performance, availability of construction materials, and other factors that may impact the project schedule.
- Creating and update detailed “Look Ahead” schedules
- Submit schedule updates as required by the contract documents
- Ability to develop and maintain the trust of the customers, owners, and engineers
- Effective working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
Safety and Environmental
- Perform safety observations and ensure correction of hazardous conditions
- Assist in development of project specific safety plans
- Assist in management of environmental compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four year degree in technical discipline.
- Demonstrated collegiate-level computer skills, mathematics, communication skills, and technical writing, with an aptitude for mastering the additional skills required of the position
- Basic understanding of engineering or construction principles
- Read and interpret project drawings and specifications
- Ability to forecast cost for self-performed work and to determine labor and equipment resources are in line with project needs
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws, ordinances and building codes related to construction
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Has administrative competency in managing Lump Sum, Unit Price, Time & Material projects
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, matching 401k, and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company!
Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
No agency inquiries please.