Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Business and Financial Operations
Austin Industrial, Inc. is a leading General Contractor that provides construction, maintenance, turnaround, specialty, and plant services within the oil, gas, chemical, power, and manufacturing industries. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager.
This position is responsible for overall supervision and coordination on small to medium size projects, under the supervision of an Operations Manager. Responsible for successful completion of the project including meeting expectations for safety, quality, schedule and performing at or below the project budget. This position requires leadership capability including the ability to create a good working relationship with customers, owners, engineers, vendors, subcontractors, etc. Responsible for executing the project in compliance with the prime contract and Austin internal policies and procedures. The position requires competency in risk management and understanding and executing Austin’s obligations under prime contracts. Must be able to negotiate agreements with customers and service providers.
- Asst. Project Manager
- Project Controls Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Field Office Manager
Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Project leadership
- Ability to develop and manage teams
- Proposal and estimate review
- Contract Administration
- Successful relationship with customer, owners, engineers, service suppliers and vendors, etc.
- Subcontractor and supplier bid review
- Subcontract negotiations and project buyout
- Site logistics planning
- Scheduling reporting and performance
- Job cost administration and forecasting
- Productivity performance
- Customer billing
- Change order negotiation
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers
- Site logistics and planning
- Equipment administration
- Development of subordinates
- Compliance with company policies and procedure
- Participate in annual reviews of subordinates
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Read the prime contract and ensure all reporting obligations and deliverables are identified and complied with
- Holds customers, subcontractors, and vendors accountable to the performance of the agreements
- Develops a plan to ensure proper allocation of materials and resources
- Setup and manage document control system including drawings and specifications, submittals, RFIs, correspondence, meeting notes, etc. Coordinate with ATS to establish project DFS folders and access rights.
- Review submittals for proper coordination and adherence to the plans and specifications
- Prepare project correspondence
- Lead progress, planning, and safety meetings
- Responsible for mobilization activities on the project; work with the superintendent on matters, such as site security, temporary power, utility connections, placement of office trailers, locations for stored materials, efficient ingress and egress plans, etc.
- Perform a detailed review of subcontractor bids and issue agreements when negotiations have been concluded. Ensure that subcontractors have all the required bonds and insurance policies in place before allowing work to begin. Engage the Risk Management Department when negotiations result in non-preapproved revisions to the boilerplate agreement.Administer tasks associated with completion of a project, including closeout documentation, completion reports, collection of final monies due, etc.
- Review and evaluate subcontractor pay applications, approve and code invoices and sign pay requests. Ensure that all subcontractor closeout documentation is submitted and punch list items are satisfactorily resolved before authorizing final release of retainage.
- Monitor subcontractors and vendors for adherence to performance and payment obligations under the agreement and make timely notifications to the Risk Management Department or the surety as required.
- Prepare closeout documents
- Prepare and submit customer pay requests, ensuring that billings are processed in an accurate, timely manner. If delays in payment are encountered, the Project Manager identifies and corrects the cause of the delay in order to expedite payment.
- Distribute change requests for pricing and schedule impact
- Prepare proposed change pricing inclusive of cost and schedule evaluations. Maintain proposed changes in the project change order log. Submit and negotiate proposed changes, ensuring that necessary customer approvals have been obtained in writing before construction work begins.
- Provide preconstruction services (technical, value engineering, constructability, schedule, preliminary budget) to assist customers in project evaluation and development
Cost and Productivity Management
- Analyze and be responsible for budget and quantity updates for job cost reporting
- Ensure daily time and quantity reporting is completed timely and accurately
- Establishing and maintain job cost reporting in accordance with company policy
- Develop innovative methods for increasing efficiency, productivity, and profitability on the project
- Review productivity reports with the project team at regular intervals and ensure that management is kept up-to-date on unit costs and schedule attainment for the work and how it compares with the budget. Take appropriate measures to ensure productivity is equal to or better than estimate productivity.
- Review and approve Work Plans
- Manage the change order process to assure comprehensive evaluation, submission and execution of all change orders. Ensure all change orders are included in job cost.
- Project profit/loss accountability to include proper project controls and proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs
- Establish and maintain job cost reporting in accordance with company policy. Approve the conversion of bid documents to the various cost elements in the Job Cost Statement and prepare monthly Job Status Reports for review by management. Investigate and attempt to remedy cost variances that are not within established norms.
- Review Labor Cost Reports with the superintendent at regular intervals and ensure that field supervisors are kept up-to-date on the unit costs for their work and how it compares with the bid estimate
- Manage the efficient use of the company’s equipment fleet
- Ensure project is completed prior to or within the contract requirements
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to meet project requirements
- Fully develop the project schedule. Update and maintain schedule as job progresses. Ensure schedule is updated to incorporate change orders, field performance, availability of construction materials, and other factors that may impact the project schedule.
- Review “Look Ahead” schedules and schedule updates
- Submit schedule updates as required by the contract documents
- Ensure project is completed to all applicable quality requirements
- Review and approve the project quality plan
- Ensure timely inspection of work in progress to ensure that work put in place is in accordance with the plans and specifications. Together with the superintendent, ensure that uniformly high standards of quality are established and maintained throughout the project.
- Maintain accurate documentation of inspections and quality reviews, ensuring follow up inspections for all non-compliant work
- Provide leadership to the project team to promote safety, quality, teamwork, respect and efficiency
- Develop and maintain the trust of the customers, owners, and engineers
- Effective working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
Safety and Environmental
- Lead the project team to achieve the company objectives for safety performance. Instill a culture of a safe work environment throughout the project
- Review and approve the project safety plan
- Perform safety observations and ensure correction of hazardous conditions
- Assist in development of project specific safety plans
- Ensure all environmental obligations required by the contract and regulatory agencies are fulfilled
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four year degree in technical discipline
- PMP certified or able to achieve certification within 1 year
- Demonstrated collegiate-level computer skills, mathematics, communication skills, and technical writing, with an aptitude for mastering the additional skills required of the position
- Understanding of engineering or construction principles
- Read and interpret project drawings and specifications
- Ability to forecast cost for self-performed work and to determine labor and equipment resources are in line with project needs
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws, ordinances and building codes related to construction
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Has management competency in managing Lump Sum, Unit Price, Time & Material projects
- Contribute to project pursuit efforts and effectively present to groups or in interviews for project competitions
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, matching 401k, and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company!
Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
No agency inquiries please.