Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Business and Financial Operations
Austin Industrial, Inc. is a leading General Contractor that provides construction, maintenance, turnaround, specialty, and plant services within the oil, gas, chemical, power, and manufacturing industries. We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Analyst.
An outstanding opportunity for a qualified Payroll/Finance/Accounting professional. The Payroll Analyst will perform a variety of complex support activities associated with the administration, reporting, auditing, and delivery of payroll services to multiple operating companies. Primary responsibilities will be payroll-related accounting, tax administration, and financial reporting to internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains payroll-related accounts and is responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of multiple accounts within a complex accounting system.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of general ledger accounts as well as tax agency reporting/filings.
- Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns.
- Compiles and analyzes financial/payroll information. Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, budgets, and presentations.
- Plan, manage, and conduct audit reviews on payroll-related accounting and administrative services. Prepare materials for external or internal auditors.
- Assess internal controls, compliance with policies and procedures, and the efficiency and effectiveness of payroll operations.
- Researches and advises payroll staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions.
- May supervise subordinates in the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing budgets, projections, and special reports for senior management.
- Perform special and non-routine analysis and reporting as required by management.
- Direct interface with senior leadership.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study preferred
- Strong Excel (vLookup, Pivot Table, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2-4 years related work experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), active or obtained within first year of employment
- Oracle-based Accounting/Payroll/Reporting systems proficiency including report writing
- In-house payroll processing experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, matching 401k, and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company!
Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
No agency inquiries please.