Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Procurement
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Business and Financial Operations
Austin Industrial, Inc. is a leading General Contractor that provides construction, maintenance, turnaround, specialty, and plant services within the oil, gas, chemical, power, and manufacturing industries. We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Procurement. The Director of Procurement is responsible to establish and drive procurement processes which will maximize profitability and achieve company strategic goals.
This position is based in La Porte, TX corporate office and requires travel to various sites in the region.
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Serve as the organization’s representative for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation, and alignment by all departments.
- Participate in company management, customer, and project meetings as required.
- Prepare program guidelines, status reports, and presentations for Finance and executive team.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leadership to ensure achievement of company strategic goals.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding; communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Oversee equipment yard operations including all personnel, maintenance of equipment, tools and fleet vehicles.
- Manage effective equipment utilization on company projects and equipment leased to the company and/or employee owners.
- Develop and implement equipment budgets and potential equipment purchases.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation preferred
- Significant experience, 10 – 20 years of professional procurement/supply chain experience (maintenance and construction industry preferred)
- Ability to identify, promote, and execute a vision of leadership.
- Proficiency in financial reporting, forecasting, and interface with internal accounting.
- Practical knowledge of the function, operation, and maintenance of fleet vehicles as well as construction equipment utilization.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Travel required (up to 35%)
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, matching 401k, and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company!
Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
No agency inquiries please.