Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Business and Financial Operations
Austin Industrial, Inc. delivers premier maintenance, construction, and soft craft services to the nation’s leading producers of oil, gas & chemicals; energy; and manufactured goods. As a merit shop, employee-owned company that self-performs more than 95% of a typical project scope, we pride ourselves on helping our customers maximize their return on investment.
Our team is looking for a strong Accounts Payable Supervisor to join the team in our La Porte, Texas office. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The supervisor role is to assist in leading the accounts payable team with strong organizational skills and excellence customer services. The AP Supervisor provides training, supervision, and career development to the AP staff.
- Oversees and supports the entire cycle of the accounts payable operation including, but not limited to, invoice and expense report processing, cash disbursement, handling exceptions (such as voiding/re-issuing check, posting stop payments with banks, and etc.), and other system and banking needs
- Manages and facilitates the company credit card program, and travel and entertainment expense reporting system
- Oversees the month-end accounting close process and preparation of AP reports to management
- Prepares balance sheet and bank accounts reconciliations as appropriate
- Oversees and facilitates the periodic filings of statutory reports, such as 1099/1042, local Use and Sales Tax, unclaimed property, etc.
- Maintains master vendor files and related banking information according to company policy and procedures
- Leads process improvements and system enhancements for the company accounting and banking system
- Performs other related duties and ad hoc assignments as required
- Exhibits leadership qualities that promotes an environment of open communication, teamwork, and continuous staff development
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in accounts payable or related field required
- Associate’s degree (or higher) in Accounting or related field is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in supervising staff and general ledger account reconciliations
- Accounts Payable certification preferred
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead a team environment with emphasis on customer service, accuracy and timeliness
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.