Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Unified Communications Engineer
at Carousel Industries
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- US-Virtual Office (US Based)
Carousel Industries is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the US, poised for explosive growth. As a premier IT services firm, we offer an extensive portfolio of services and technologies that span the following areas: unified communications and collaboration, networking, data center, security, and cloud-based solutions. Through our partnerships with leading technology vendors—like Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, HPE, and Fortinet, for example—Carousel offers innovative IT leadership, consultative, professional, and managed services to help our clients drive transformation within their organization. Founded in 1992, Carousel serves more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by multiple publications and industry consortiums as a top technology integrator and managed services and cloud solution provider–including the Inc. 500/5000, Healthcare Informatics 100, and CRN MSP Elite 150. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,300 employees based in 27 offices–with three Network Operating Centers nationwide.
We are searching for those who are fueled by an inner drive to make a difference and to push their professional and technical capabilities to the next level. If you are someone who wants to become the “go to person” or the “subject matter expert” in your field, then Carousel is the place for you. Ask Carousel employees what makes them stick around for five, 10, or 20 years, and they’ll tell you it’s the brilliant people with whom they collaborate and the opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In addition to gaining a quantum leap in your technical IQ, Carousel is a fun place with a work hard / play hard mentality and an inspiring culture. Whether it’s assembling a team to compete in the next Tough Mudder or enjoying a summertime BBQ, Carousel employees consider their peers as family. To learn about our team and how you can be part of the Carousel family, find us at www.carouselindustries.com, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
In this role, we are looking for an expert in the world of collaboration, an expert in Cisco’s leading edge unified communications products.
Leading UC implementation projects in partnership with Carousel's Project Management Office and Carousel's customers
- Providing technical expertise from project kickoff to project closure and documentation
- Configuration and implementation of project UC, Video, Data Center and Network components.
- Creating detailed technical implementation plans
- Providing technical project management to supplement Carousel'sProject Management Office
- Creating and executing test plans
- Creating client comfort and confidence in Carousel
- Leading customer design and consulting engagements
- Contributing to, and providing leadership for, Carousel's UC Practice meetings and initiatives
- After Hours work and some travel are requirements
At Carousel, we pride ourselves on the caliber of our people and finding the best person for the role is a daunting undertaking because of our high standards. Working with the industries best and brightest your growth will be limited only by your desire and aptitude to learn. We pride ourselves on providing our employees with what we like to call “Career Equity” a combination of experience and learning that will advance your career value well beyond that of the years you work here.
We are looking for someone who will demonstrate excellence in most or all of the following competencies:
- Proficiency with Cisco UC applications, including:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Administration/configuration experience, Scripting experience, Calabrio Workforce optimization products experience
- Cisco Meetingplace/Webex, Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco client UC applications, i.e. Jabber, IP Communicator, CUCiMOC, etc
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS as it pertains to Cisco routing and switching products – CCNA level understanding or better
- Understanding of Cisco MediaNet concepts and configuration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Lync
- Video Solution design experience with Tandberg and Cisco Telepresence hands-on technical experience
- Open Text RightFax implementation experience
- Cisco Digital Media Solutions
Carousel Employees are expected to maintain standards of behavior that are consistent with Carousel's core values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Client-Focus, and People. These values remain consistent with our mission to “Positively Impact the Lives of Others” and our philosophy to strive to provide the Ultimate Client Experience.
· BA/AS Technology or Related Degree
· CCNA or CCNP Collab (preferred)
Carousel is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer