Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Design Engineering
at Carousel Industries
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- US-Virtual Office (US Based)
Carousel Industries is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the US, poised for explosive growth. As a premier IT services firm, we offer an extensive portfolio of services and technologies that span the following areas: unified communications and collaboration, networking, data center, security, and cloud-based solutions. Through our partnerships with leading technology vendors—like Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, HPE, and Fortinet, for example—Carousel offers innovative IT leadership, consultative, professional, and managed services to help our clients drive transformation within their organization. Founded in 1992, Carousel serves more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by multiple publications and industry consortiums as a top technology integrator and managed services and cloud solution provider–including the Inc. 500/5000, Healthcare Informatics 100, and CRN MSP Elite 150. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,400 employees based in 27 offices–with three Network Operating Centers nationwide.
We are searching for those who are fueled by an inner drive to make a difference and to push their professional and technical capabilities to the next level. If you are someone who wants to become the “go to person” or the “subject matter expert” in your field, then Carousel is the place for you. Ask Carousel employees what makes them stick around for five, 10, or 20 years, and they’ll tell you it’s the brilliant people with whom they collaborate and the opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In addition to gaining a quantum leap in your technical IQ, Carousel is a fun place with a work hard / play hard mentality and an inspiring culture. Whether it’s assembling a team to compete in the next Tough Mudder or enjoying a summertime BBQ, Carousel employees consider their peers as family. To learn about our team and how you can be part of the Carousel family, find us at www.carouselindustries.com, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design Support of Technical solutions
- Understanding of AVAYA Solution Designer (ASD) and Avaya One Source.
- Understanding of Avaya and third party integrations to provide accurate designs.
- Understanding of Avaya records and data sources.
- Work with Systems Engineers to develop scope of work.
- Consult with systems engineer on design approach.
- Help develop delivery tools like quote tools, templates etc. for uniform delivery from pre to post. Collaborate with Senior Director UC, VP Sales Operations around tool and workflow optimization (Salesforce, other as required).
- Manage Design Engineering Team
- Manage team competency.
- Work with Technical Directors establish to standard deliverables.
- Work with Technical Directors to establish performance metrics.
- Work with Avaya to understand implications of tool changes.
- Socialize within Carousel the ramifications of tools changes.
- Organize cross training opportunities to assist in strategic evolution of design engineering team to cross-practice solutions.
- Strong Experience designing AVAYA ECG based solutions including Avaya Aura portfolio, Messaging Solutions; Call Center Solutions.
- Proficiency in: AVAYA Solution Designer (ASD), Avaya One Source, ACSBI, Visio, Excel, Word.
- Ability to define/analyze customer requirements and design appropriate solution.
- Experience designing AVAYA Solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage a team in a remote environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of traditional and current voice technologies