Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carousel Industries
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- US-Virtual Office (US Based)
Carousel Industries is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the US, poised for explosive growth. As a premier IT services firm, we offer an extensive portfolio of services and technologies that span the following areas: unified communications and collaboration, networking, data center, security, and cloud-based solutions. Through our partnerships with leading technology vendors—like Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, HPE, and Fortinet, for example—Carousel offers innovative IT leadership, consultative, professional, and managed services to help our clients drive transformation within their organization. Founded in 1992, Carousel serves more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by multiple publications and industry consortiums as a top technology integrator and managed services and cloud solution provider–including the Inc. 500/5000, Healthcare Informatics 100, and CRN MSP Elite 150. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,400 employees based in 27 offices–with three Network Operating Centers nationwide.
We are searching for those who are fueled by an inner drive to make a difference and to push their professional and technical capabilities to the next level. If you are someone who wants to become the “go to person” or the “subject matter expert” in your field, then Carousel is the place for you. Ask Carousel employees what makes them stick around for five, 10, or 20 years, and they’ll tell you it’s the brilliant people with whom they collaborate and the opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In addition to gaining a quantum leap in your technical IQ, Carousel is a fun place with a work hard / play hard mentality and an inspiring culture. Whether it’s assembling a team to compete in the next Tough Mudder or enjoying a summertime BBQ, Carousel employees consider their peers as family. To learn about our team and how you can be part of the Carousel family, find us at www.carouselindustries.com, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Responsible for operational tasks supporting high availability, rapid recovery and restoration of complex and large network environments.
- Leads the resolution and recovery efforts of cross-functional technicians and troubleshoots issues reported by proactive alarming or problem notification by end users.
- Analyze and ensure the resolution of technical and client problems while providing quality customer service.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Convergence Technicians and Convergence Specialists with basic technology related issues.
- Coordinates all required resources for applying fixes to recurring incidents and issues.
- Recognize and appropriately escalates client issues to proper resources in the event resolution cannot be reached, including providing detailed and immediate notification and updates to key individuals/groups affected.
- Maintain discipline and professionalism during all interactions and in all verbal or written communications.
- Ability to be assigned to different work schedules/shifts outside of normal working schedule to meet business needs. This may include, but is not limited to, participating in on-call rotation with peers and/or providing coverage on holidays in order to meet 24x7 response requirements.
Reporting/ Information Resources
- Performs routine reporting and analysis of data elements via various client access methods/ systems.
- Responsible for inputting data into Carousel’s ticketing, alarming and other internal tracking systems.
- Identifies and researches account discrepancies to ensure data consistency between systems.
- Corrects and updates system information as needed.
- Contributes to technology database.
Analysis, Problem Solving and Service Planning
- Responsible for making decisions in resolving problems of a technical nature within pre-defined limits, referring anything of a more complex nature to team members/senior staff.
- Responds to all inquiries effectively and responsively, deciding upon appropriate follow-up action.
- Plan and organize own day-to-day tasks within the parameters set out by senior staff in line with service delivery.
- Document troubleshooting steps and results within ticketing system(s) in a concise and detailed manner.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies to be used to increase overall Customer Service effectiveness and efficiency.
Developing Knowledge of Internal Process, Systems and Technology
- Developed understanding of converged technologies.
- Solid foundation of knowledge in one or more areas of technology including at least two certifications in product disciplines. Expected to begin training in a second/third discipline, working towards additional certification(s).
- Continues to develop solid working knowledge of peripheral support areas of CSG.
- Continually self-educate using various training methods and tools to maintain a high level of proficiency in applicable technologies.
- Strong understanding of available help resources; updated on technology changes or problems.
- Understand individual and departmental goals and the direction to achieve the goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical role required.
- 3-6 years of increased responsibility and demonstrated knowledge of converged technologies.
- Working knowledge in more than one discipline (Voice, Data, Security, etc.) and at least 2 technical training certifications.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; strong telephone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience required.
- Knowledge of traditional voice, data and converged technologies, with desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership/mentoring and/or coaching abilities.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well in a team environment.
- Must be able to learn new things quickly, need minimal direction, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate typing abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – intermediate to advanced (preferred).