Atria Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Memory Care Activity Specialist - Atria Cypresswood
at Atria Senior Living
- Care - Memory Care
- Community Name
- Requisition ID
- Employment Type
- Leads assigned Life Guidance programs and develops service plans.
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to residents with sufficient supervision for each activity.
- Proactively involves all Life Guidance staff in the planning and implementation of the daily program which includes all activities of daily living.
- Plans individual birthday celebrations for each resident.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable, programs designed for residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the community with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday throughout the years as well as planning monthly birthday parties to honor residents.
- Supports and actively participates in the community’s census building initiatives.
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation levels and acceptance of each activity by residents as required by state law.
- Assists Life Guidance Director in enlisting the services of volunteers to aid the activities program.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years prior experience with an adult population developing and implementing activities and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of the methods of recreational therapy or activity programming and their application to activity and leisure needs of residents with Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
- Required certification(s) based on current state regulations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
Activity Coordinator, Activity Planner, Event Planner, Memory Care, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Alzheimers Event Coordinator, Activity, Activities, Event
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.